The Central Fairgrounds are located between Western Financial Place and the Viking Skate park. The address is 17 Ave S between 2 St N and 1 St S.
1) Truck Pull: 100-foot Harness with two logging trucks – 42,000 KG. 90 second time limit.
2) Power Stairs: 250, 300- and 350-pound implements. 90 second time limit.
3) Fingal’s Fingers and Log Press: 350 and 410-pound Fingal’s Fingers followed by 175-
pound Log Press for max reps in the remaining time. 90 second time limit.
4) Loading Medley: 200 and 250-pound Sandbags followed by 300-pound Duck Walk.
Athletes will start at opposite ends of the course, 100-foot lines, and carry the implements to
the centre of the course, the 50-foot line. The Sandbags will be picked up from the ground,
carried 50-feet and put onto the 45-gallon drums. Then the duck walk will be carried 50-feet
and dropped onto a rubber mat. Two-minute time limit.
5) Atlas Stones: 240, 260, 300, 335, 365 and 400. Fastest time wins. 90 seconds.
1) Truck Pull: 100-foot Harness with one concrete truck. 5000 KG of sand in the concrete
truck for a weight of 21,000 KG. 90 second time limit.
2) Conan’s Wheel: 200 – pounds. No time limit.
3) Pressing Medley: Shield Press followed by Keg Press: Shield will weigh 75 pounds and
will be pressed for three reps followed by 100-pound keg for as many reps in the remaining
time left. 90 second time limit.
4) Medley: 250-pound tire flip for 50-feet followed by 125-pound Farmer’s Walk for 100
feet. Tire flip starts at the 100-foot mark and is flipped to the 50-foot mark, centre of the
course. Then the farmer’s walk is 100 feet, centre to 100-foot marks then back to centre. Two-
minute time limit.
5) Atlas Stones: 115,145,175, 200 and 240. 90 second time limit.
1. Ladies Truck Pull and Men’s Truck Pull Simultaneously
2. Ladies Conan’s Wheel
3. Men’s Power Stairs
4. Ladies Pressing Medley
5. Men’s Fingal’s Fingers and Log Press
6. Ladies Medley
7. Men’s Loading Medley
8. Ladies Atlas Stones
9. Men’s Atlas Stones
2022 Winners (Left to Right)
Riley Stishenko – 6th place
Simon Rutledge – 3rd place
Neil Fajnor – 1st place
Luca Zelfer – 5th place
Kyle Bodell – 4th place
Tyler Eaglesham – 2nd place
As with many things, what began as a small idea has grown into a big deal.
Fitness Inc.’s Strongman Classic, held annually during the Spirit of the Rockies Festival every June, started in 2004 with a fleeting idea and a lot of heart… then in 2005 came the help of two strong men.
Grant McReynolds and Cory Gillespie were competitors in other Strongman events across the country and internationally. They responded to the need for official judges for Cranbrook’s event and in doing so, shared their knowledge.
Today, the Strongman Classic is a cornerstone of the Spirit of the Rockies Festival, with competitors and spectators alike enjoying the day while taking part in an exciting show. The Strongman Classic is also a fundraiser, always in support of Cranbrook’s chapter of the BCSPCA; major sponsors like Trickle Creek Golf Resort, Mountain Spirit Resort, St. Eugene, Bridge Interiors, Lawn Barbers and Canyon Raft Company are huge contributors to the event, donating the raffle prizes. Between the support of these local businesses and the community, Fitness Inc. has been overjoyed to donate more than $32,000 to the BCSPCA in the last nine years.
Fitness Inc. extends gratitude and thanks to all the people involved in the event, from the sponsors to the competitors, from the volunteers to the spectators. Such an endeavor is only possible through the support and hard work of those committed to putting on and improving the Strongman Classic!